2020 CPT® Professional Edition (Spiral)
American Medical Association | 2020
CPT® 2020 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services.
Providers want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Since the CPT® code set is a dynamic, ever-changing standard, an outdated code book does not suffice. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2020 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT® code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other code book can provide the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
The CPT® 2020 Professional Edition code book covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes. It features the following enhancements:
- More full-color procedural illustrations.
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection.
- CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations. Provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT® code set.
- A comprehensive index. Aids you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search.
- Full-color anatomical and procedural illustrations. Help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed.
- Coding tips throughout each section. Improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set.
- Enhanced code book table of contents. Allows users to perform a quick search of the code book’s entire content without being in a specific section.
- Section-specific table of contents. Provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section’s codes.
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions. Provides a quick reference to 2020 changes without having to refer to previous editions.
- Multiple appendices. Offers quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families, multianalyte assays and telemedicine services.
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables. Aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
- Adhesive section tabs. Allows you to flag those sections and pages most relevant to your work.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.