2021 ICD-10-CM Expert for SNF and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities with Guidelines (Spiral)
Optum360 | 2021 |
The 2021 ICD-10-CM Expert for Skilled Nursing Facilities and Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities with Guidelines, and our hallmark features and format, makes facing the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set with Optum360 coding and reimbursement alerts for SNF and IRF, including color-coding and symbols identifying diagnoses for components of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM), and RIC. Coding tips and definitions of commonly treated conditions specific to these PAC settings are also included.
Delivery might be delayed beyond the September 1, 2020 effective date. Delivery is dependent on when the updated Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2021 are released from CMS.
• Optum360 Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, and more.
• Supplementary appendixes. Additional coding and reimbursement information covering PDPM, PPS for SNF and IRF services, Medicare coverage, quality initiatives, and long-term care guidelines.
• Coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection.
• Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
• Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
• List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2021 new, revised, and deleted codes, plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
• Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
• Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
• Snap tabs. Easy to use tabs fit the spiral binding providing reference index sections, tabular chapters, and appendixes. (Excluded on Partner item number)
Karen Krawzik, RHIT, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Peggy Willard, CCS, AHIMA-approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer
Ms. Willard’s expertise is ICD-10-CM and PCS including in-depth analysis of medical record documentation, ICD-10-CM/PCS code and DRG assignment. In recent years she has been responsible for the creation and development of several print products and e-books designed to assist with appropriate application of ICD-10-CM and PCS coding system. Ms. Willard has several years of prior experience in Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma hospital coding, specializing in ICD-9-CM, DRG, and CPT coding with emphasis in conducting coding audits, and conducting coding training for coding staff and clinical documentation specialists. Ms. Willard is an active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Minnesota Health Information Management Association (MHIMA).